Thursday, November 10, 2011

Couch-to-5K ®

So, today I was introduced to the Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan by my friend Katie. It only takes 20-30 minutes per day 3 times per week and is a combination of running and walking. There is always a 5 minute brisk walk warm up then you do intervals. Tonight it was run for 60 seconds and walk for 90 seconds and you just keep doing that for 20-30 minutes. The crazy thing is...I went the same route that I normally go and it took me the exact same time! haha!!! I must normally run really slow!!! I programmed all of the workouts for this Couch-to-5K ® into Runkeeper on my phone, so it tells me when to change up what I am doing. It worked so good! It still tracked my time, calories burned, distance and map. So, with this program it says you should be able to run 3 miles (or 5K) on a regular basis in just 2 months. Here is the link if anyone else is interested in this...www.coolrunning.com.

I am so pleased with my eating habits today! It is already 8:30 p.m. and I still have 9 points left for the day and I gained extra points for working out. I normally don't eat my workout points because I am always scared I haven't figured points right throughout the week. We ate at a sushi/Chinese restaurant last night and I am sure I went overboard with my eating. When I got home I had a tummy ache so I watched a little TV then went to bed. SLACKER!!! Those days happen though. I was back on track today, that's what really matters. Finally, after eating out at least one meal every day this week, I have had a day without. Go me!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment